Welcome to Central Co-op! We're an independent, democratically-operated cooperative grocery store, owned by people in the community. The Co-op is a business that belongs to the people who use it--people who have organized to provide themselves with the food they need.
Our Mission: Central Co-op is a member-owned natural foods cooperative in the heart of Seattle dedicated to sustainable practices, community accountability, and the local food economy.
Visit our store and here's what you'll find:
- Helpful staff and great prices
- Everything from basics to specialty items to housewares
- A broad selection that emphasizes goods that are grown, made, and raised in Washington
- Sustainably-sourced and ethically-produced goods
- Gorgeous organic produce
- Sustainable meats and seafood
- Foods for special diets
- Quality deli with a juice and coffee bar
- Extensive selection of natural supplements, herbs, bodycare, and homeopathic remedies
- A democratic organization that's engaged with our community
- And more!
Anyone can join Central Co-op and become an owner, and ownership is affordable. But you don't have to be an owner to shop! Central Co-op is open to everyone.
So what sets us apart from other grocers?
In this age of risky, mass-produced food and economic uncertainty, Central Co-op continues to hold a place not occupied by conventional food retailers.
Infographic: How Does Central Co-op's Democratic Process Work?
The Co-op provides our communities with good food at great prices, while strategically aligning with grassroots organizations to forge meaningful social and environmental change. The Co-op proves that communities can make and sustain institutions that meet their needs.