Welcome to Central Co-op! We're a full-service natural foods grocery with two locations, in Seattle and in Tacoma, open to everyone, 7 days a week. We're also an independent, democratically-operated cooperative, owned by people who shop and work here, and we're dedicated to sustainable practices, community accountability, and the local food economy.
We're owned by our community, and open to everyone--you don't have to be an owner to shop co-op!
Visit our stores and here's what you'll find:
- Helpful staff and great prices
- Gorgeous organic produce
- Organic, local, and raw milk and dairy products
- Extensive selection of natural supplements, herbs, bodycare, and homeopathic remedies
- Wild and sustainably-harvested seafood (16th & Madison, Seattle) and sustainable meats
- Full-service deli with house-made dishes, fresh juice, and coffee bar (16th & Madison, Seattle)
- Extensive bulk foods section
- Fair Trade and non-GMO products
- Foods for special diets—vegan, raw, gluten-free, paleo, and more
- A democratic organization that's engaged with our community
You can own this grocery store!
Anyone can join Central Co-op and become an owner, and be part of our community-driven grocery. Central Co-op owners get personal and collective benefits from co-owning and supporting a successful independent business that's rooted in our community, and ownership is affordable.
But you don't have to be an owner to shop! Central Co-op is open to everyone.
So what sets us apart from other grocers?
In this age of risky, mass-produced food and economic uncertainty, Central Co-op continues to hold a place not occupied by conventional food retailers.
Central Co-op provides our communities with good food at great prices, while strategically aligning with grassroots organizations to forge meaningful social and environmental change. Through our worker and consumer ownership and strategic collaboration with other cooperatives, we also promote cooperativism and economic democracy.
The Co-op proves that communities can make and sustain institutions that meet their needs. Here's to the bright cooperative future!