Fingerling Potato & Leek Hash with Rainbow Chard & Eggs
Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
Jeanne Kelley, Cooking Light
This tasty meal, packed with chard, is hearty and nutritious enough to satisfy at just about any time of day.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced trimmed Swiss chard leaves and ribs (about 1 medium bunch)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to the hot skillet. Add the leek and cook until tender and translucent.
- Add potatoes and garlic; cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chard and cook, stirring frequently, until just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Using a spoon, push potato mixture aside to make four egg-size spaces. Crack an egg into each space; sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika over eggs. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over the hash. Cover and cook 2 more minutes or until egg yolks are lightly set.
- Dig in!
See the original recipe
Keywords: breakfast, chard, potatoes, eggs, hash