Sugar Snap Pea Sumac Salad
Aaron Waldkoetter, Owner Services Manager
This crunchy, flavorful salad rings in spring with fresh sugar-snap peas and tasty sumac.
- 1-1 ½ pounds sugar snap peas
- Pint of cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces Ricotta Salata
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sumac (plus garnish)
- Fresh mint
- Bring two quarts of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water.
- Once the water is boiling add sugar snap peas and cook for two minutes. Drain peas and immediately place in ice water.
- Remove the peas and dry on a kitchen towel. Once they’ve dried off, cut them on the bias into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile combine extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and sumac in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add tomatoes cut in half or quarters, Ricotta Salata cut into small chunks, and sugar snap peas. Toss and garnish with slivers of fresh mint and a sprinkle of sumac.
Adapted from Bon Appétit