Gluten Free Peach Dutch Baby
Meg K., Sustainable Product Advocate
Meg's favorite Peak Peach recipe is a breakfast treat from Bob's Red Mill.
Ripe peaches kissed with the zing of fresh lemon zest are the star of this Gluten Free Peach Dutch Baby. Garnish it with toasted sliced almonds, a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a dollop of whipped cream for a memorable breakfast or brunch. Or heck, make it for dessert (or dinner, if you dare)!
- 3 Eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp fresh Lemon Zest
- 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 1/4 cup Peaches fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/3 cup Sliced Almonds toasted
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Wedges
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Combine the eggs, brown sugar, whole milk, vanilla and lemon zest in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, combine the Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour and salt. Pour the milk mixture into the dry and whisk just until combined and smooth.
- Heat your cast iron pan on medium heat and add the 4 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, add the 2 1/4 cups peaches and 1 tablespoon of honey. Saute the peaches for several minutes until they start to slightly soften and take on some color, about 2-3 minutes. (Note: If using frozen peaches, cook for 7-8 minutes.)
- Pour the batter over the peaches and immediately transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Bake until a deep golden brown and slightly rumpled looking, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and garnish with toasted almonds and powdered sugar. Add a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Slice the pancake into wedges and serve warm with whipped cream.